Youth Diversity Officer
37 hours a week (full time) contract. £17500 – £19500 per annum depending upon experience
Solent Youth Action (SYA) is a youth provision charity working with vulnerable & disadvantaged young people aged 10-25 across the South of Hampshire, specifically targeting those with learning disabilities, mental health issues, young offenders, and those at risk of offending. Through personal development projects and positive activities such as youth clubs, holiday schemes and volunteering, young people are able to overcome challenges, gain vital life skills and build their confidence, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
SYA is looking for a motivated, organised & inspiring individual who has the confidence to develop innovative projects to respond to the needs of the young people we support, as well as run a large proportion of our youth clubs, holiday schemes & volunteer projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience working with vulnerable & disadvantaged young people and an understanding of the challenges they face.
- Is confident and able to work alone, supervising groups of up to 10 young people
- Is highly organised and adaptable, with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Is confident using the Microsoft package and educated to degree level.
- Is a self-starter, with experience of lone working and managing their own diary, as well as working as part of a team.
- Has experience running and developing projects and/or services.
Based at our Head Office in Eastleigh, this role requires the candidate to manage and deliver projects to young people predominantly in Eastleigh, with 1-2 days a week in Havant and occasional work in Southampton.
- Our volunteer projects are conservation based, so whilst experience of working outdoors is not essential, a willingness to work outside come rain or shine for part of the week and learn about biodiversity is vital.
- Please note that this role involves travel to include transporting volunteers to projects, so access to own transport is essential.
In return for your hard work, benefits include pension contribution, contribution towards transport costs, time off in lieu and ongoing training and support.
This is a full time role, requiring the successful candidate to work 37 hours per week, to include some evenings and occasional weekends, with 25 days annual leave entitlement.
If you are passionate about helping young people, are a self-starter and enjoy variety in a role where you get to ditch the desk for half the week, please do apply!
To apply please go to CharityJobs
Youth Support Workers
0 Hours contract, to include evenings & weekends. Location: Eastleigh
£8.50 per hour
Solent Youth Action is looking for enthusiastic individuals to support our youth clubs and holiday schemes for young people with mild to moderate additional support needs. These include:
- ANY Club: Based in Eastleigh town centre, this runs fortnightly on Wednesdays from 6-9pm
- SLAMS: Based in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, this runs fortnightly on Tuesdays from 6-9pm
- J’s:Based in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, this runs fortnightly on Tuesdays from 6-9pm
- Holiday scheme: Runs during the day in school holidays to include Half Terms, Easter and the Summer
We are looking for individuals who have experience working within a youth club setting with an understanding of the challenges of working with young people who need support to engage. Your role will be to run the youth clubs alongside other members of the youth support team, and ensure the young people who attend can do so safely.
Experience working with vulnerable young people is necessary.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) check and sufficient references.
Ongoing training and personal development
Opt In Pension Contribution
Additional hours may be available on other projects within Eastleigh depending upon experience.
For more information or an application pack, please contact:
Kailea Hurcombe, C.E.O
Solent Youth Action
02380 650 514
Solent Youth Action is a Registered Charity (1108361) and Registered Company Limited By Guarantee (0530786).
If interested please give us a call on 023 8065 0514 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org